Monday, June 9, 2008

Moving. Again.

Once again, it's time for us to pack our stuff and get outta Dodge.  This will be my 7th move in 5 years.  We've been here in NoVA for a year and a half and it's been good to us.  We've made some good friends, enjoyed some good work (I got to try another career for awhile), and have been able to appreciate all that is the DC metro area.  As comfortable as we got here, it never really felt like home (at least not to me) and we always felt like this was a stop along the way.  And so, it seems, it was.  We're headed back to the Philadelphia area where we hope to stay for awhile.  And by awhile I mean as long as possible because I abhor moving.  I can't stand the packing, lifting, storage, unpacking, and all the moving-related stress that comes with it.  The plan is to buy a place in the suburbs within easy access of major highways and byways so that we can get into Center City when we need to but back out into the relative quiet of Bucks or Montgomery Counties with ease.  Probably won't be anything big or expensive but we'll definitely get more for our money up there than we will here in DC's market.  And if we ever want to come back to visit, it's a short ride down I-95.  Two months from now, we'll be dealing with I-76 rather than I-66 and the Northeast Extension instead of the Beltway.  I can't wait.

No comments: